Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy busy!

Hey everyone! We have been busy. No time to do any posting this week! Between Scholastic bowl meets, dragging Kayleigh to confirmation, orthodontist appointment, getting my hair chopped off, 2 birthday parties for Harrison, doing the township books for Erik's grandpa, and baking cookies/rice krispie treats for and working at Kayleigh's Music competition this weekend, I have barely had time to do anything else!

I needed to bake cookies for the competition so they could sell them, so I fired up the oven on Thursday night after we got home from Scholastic Bowl (they won both meets this week!) and mixed up a double batch of cookies. Put the first tray in the oven and 8 minutes later they were not done! My heating element is broken. Now I will have to order a new one from GE. Between my fridge and stove, I am not buying GE ever again! They are both only 4 years old and I have had to put money into both of them. So.... needless to say, I couldn't bake cookies. So I threw the dough in the fridge and bought the stuff to make rice krispie treats. Luckily you can make those in the microwave! So I did finally get everything together... Kayleigh did well at the competition. She got a one on her solo (which she freaked out on and we all had to leave the room before she calmed down enough to sing!) and ones on all of the ensembles she did except one, which they got a two. From the little singing I could hear in the hall that she did, her solo was beautiful. I wish she would have been calm enough for me to sit in the room and listen. Hopefully we won't be so busy this week! I think the Tuesday Scholastic bowl got cancelled, so we get a rest then. Hope you all are having a great weekend! It was beautiful here today!

No comments: