
Today I have a guest blogger. Kayleigh is back from DC and this is what she has to say:
Hi everybody, It's Kayleigh talking about my trip to Washington D.C.! I had a really fun trip but the buses weren't good for comfort. I had trouble sleeping!
On the way there we stopped to tour Gettysburg. The battlefield was cool because there were a lot of monuments out there.
When we got to DC, one of the first buildings I could notice was the Washington Monument. We didn't tour it unfortunately. Other things we didn't tour: White house :0( Capitol Building and Ford's theatre. We did tour a lot of cool stuff though:
Arlington National Cemetery
Library of Congress
National Archives
Smithsonian Museums
Washington National Cathedral
Many historical monuments
Mount Vernon (they have the original bed George Washington died in)
The Peterson Home (Lincoln died there)
The trip was a blast, and my top three favorite things we did were:
See a play (it was hilarious)
Watch a Marine parade
Arlington National Cemetery
Feel free to post any questions, I will answer them!
No comments:
Post a Comment