Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I finally have the time to blog. I've been on vacation last week, so we have been doing some things to keep the kids from playing video games constantly. Wait, did I say we? I meant ME! Erik has done nothing but Hunt for the entire two week vacation he has had. I am tired of looking at dead geese. The kids and I have been doing some fun things. Monday afternoon I took them to the library for a "Holidays at Hogworts" party. They had fun. Kayleigh won a prize. Wednesday (New Years Eve) Kayleigh was invited to Kathy's for a sleepover with Kristen, so I spent the day stamping with Kathy and then left Kayleigh there. Erik, Harrison and I went to Jimmy and Michelle's for pizza and then some games... Erik played Rock Band and Guitar Hero with Harrison and Jimmy. The singing was awful! Erik was singing! Then we played "Name that 80's Tune". :o) It was fun. Thursday morning I went and did a little shopping and picked up Kayleigh and we relaxed around the house for the afternoon. Erik took Harrison with him to see his Mother. He and David met her in Effingham for lunch. Thursday night, Kayleigh and I went to the library for a reception and then to the movie Twilight. It was a nice night. Kayleigh enjoyed spending time with her friends. I was not allowed to sit with her... So I sat with the library staff and that was ok because I know all of them... we spend enough time there! LOL Friday I worked on catching up on some stamping, yesterday cleaning the house and laundry, and today I got all the Christmas stuff put away. So I am finally caught up. Tomorrow is back to the normal routine. Already it's going to be a busy week. Kayleigh has to play in the pep band Wednesday and Thursday is a Scholastic Bowl meet!! I was starting to like just hanging out at home and relaxing.... I sure don't want to go back to work tomorrow!! Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! For our German family and friends: Fröhliche Weihnachten und Ein glückliches neues Jahr! (hopefully that's right.. the German is a little rusty!)

No comments: