Sunday, November 2, 2008

All District Choir







Yesterday afternoon we went to Western Illinois University to watch Kayleigh perform in the All District Music concert. The bottom picture shows how large the group was and the top one shows how much I wish I had a better zoom on my camera!! Kayleigh is the only one with a maroon robe on, so it makes it a little easier to find her. Click on the picture so you can see it larger, then look towards the top, in the middle. The concert was amazing! Kayleigh was the only one from her school who was chosen to go to this event. She's been practicing for weeks. The choir sang first, then the orchestra played, and then the band. They were all wonderful. We are used to the small band at Havana playing basically "high school band" material. This was not even close! Kayleigh enjoyed doing it, even though she was a bit hoarse last night from all the singing. She left the school at 6:45am, and the concert was at 4:30 last night. All day was spent practicing as a group. She was tired last night. We went to the farm for a hog roast after we drove home from Macomb, and the kids didn't even want to stay more than a half hour. Erik brought them home and put them to bed and then we spent some more time over there. Erik left not too soon after that and I got home around 12:45... :o) I'm too old for that crap anymore. I am so tired today it's not even funny! Plus I had a headache from all the wine I drank. It was a fun time though.

No comments: