If you are wondering why I haven't posted in a few days, it's because I've been busy! We went to look at this camper yesterday. This afternoon we brought it home. Erik drives an hour to and from the base. We were trying to figure out how we are going to afford that when gas keeps going up. Erik was looking at old houses up by the base. I've wanted a travel trailer for years, but Erik always says no. Finally, I convinced him that instead of buying a crappy house that has to be fixed up and will cost a fortune, buying a camper would be better. He thinks he has found a campground that will charge $500 a year lot fee plus he pays his own electricity. If we figure that into the equation, we are ahead and instead of throwing money away on gas, we have a camper that we can all enjoy. Plus on the weekends this summer, we can go up there and swim and actually CAMP! :o) It's a really nice camper. Erik is going to like living in it more than some old dump.
2 comments:
OMG I am so jealous. I want a camper or RV so bad. My dream is to pack up the family and spend an entire summer traveling the country.
I agree, the camper was a much better decision that a house. Less upkeep as well.
When you walk in it still smells new. It's a 2005, but it's really in great shape. We spent the day vaccuming and doing miscellaneous stuff so that it will be ready to live in. I think he's pretty happy with the decision. I am. I was starting to stress about the house thing way too much!
Post a Comment