Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good news!

Monday my friend Kathy came over from Canton and surprized me and took me out for lunch and brought me a birthday present! Thanks Kathy!! Love ya! Then we had a little birthday cake in the office. In the afternoon, the local librarian came in and said she had to apologize. To make a long story short, she had hit my car earlier Friday evening and I didn't see it until the next morning. She had even filed a police report and everything, but no one told me! So now her insurance will pay for my damages and I won't have to fork out my deductible! Whew!!!

Something else I didn't mention yet. On Sunday, Erik got hurt flying. They almost hit a Cesna that didn't have its transponder on. Erik was not strapped in, and when they manuvered to avoid the small plane, he was thrown against the side of their plane. He went in and had Xrays, and they didn't see any fractures or anything torn, so that's good. He has been in quite a lot of pain though. He has to wear a sling and favor his arm. He's lucky he was close to the side of the plane because it could have been much worse.

All in all a bizarre week, but I'm sure things will get better.... LOL

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good news about the car. Here you were probably thinking it was punk teenager who crashed it and it turns out it was the librarian.

Glad Eric wasn't more seriously hurt. Hope he learned his lesson about wearing his seat belt!

Paula said...

He was doing something that required him to not be strapped in and he said he was reaching for his harness when the accident occurred.

I did think it was some punk teenager... It was a big relief when she came in to the office. I know her, so that was good too!