Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Boy


This picture was taken a few weeks ago at one of the home football games. I have a story to tell about Harrison. He finally cleaned his room yesterday. I told him we would vacuum it today and then he could play video games, even though it's no video game Sunday! Well, last night before bed I was giving him his inhaler and it looked like his hair had a spot in the front that was shorter than the rest. I asked him about it and he acted like he had no clue what I was talking about. So, I thought maybe it was because it was wet from the shower and let it go. This morning I was fixing

his collar before church and I noticed it again. I asked him about it and he said that "Summer cut my hair." Summer is a little girl in his class who bullies him. I've seen her in action, so I believed him. On the way to church I asked how she cut his hair. He said that she had scissors with her on the bus when they took their field trip a last week and she cut it then. So when we got home, I was sitting at the computer getting ready to send an email to his teacher. I asked him to come in here and tell me again what happened so I could get it right. He came in and said something like, "All right! I did it!" I was furious. I told him I can't believe you were going to let me send an email to your teacher and get Summer in trouble. So now you are not playing video games today! Boy was he mad. He grouched around all day and he begged me to let him play over and over. I told him no. If he had just confessed right away he wouldn't be in so much trouble. But since he lied to me more than once, he could forget it. Kids! I'm not sure what to do with him. Every day is something else!

No comments: