Thursday, February 19, 2009

Erik update



Erik is home and doing well. Here is a picture of him that I took while we were waiting to go up to the pre-op area. The doctor was an hour and a half late. So Erik didn't go into surgery until 3:00. The doctor came to talk to me about 4:45. He said that the surgery went well. Erik only had a minor tear that did not require repairing, however he had a lot of bursitis that they cleaned out and that should help him start to feel better soon. Erik was in the recovery room for a long time. He didn't come out of the anesthesia well. So we didn't get home until almost 9 last night. It was a long day for both of us! He has 3 or 4 small incisions on his shoulder which I haven't seen yet. I can take the bandage off this evening and then let him take a shower and put band aids where the stitches are. Right now he is still a little shaky and in some pain, but he says he can tell already that it is better. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: