Saturday, July 19, 2008

EEK!


Well, the sun came out, but a little while before lunch time I was sitting here downloading some pictures on to my computer and I heard this big crash and the house shook. I thought at first it was thunder, until I looked out the window to see where there might be a storm and saw this huge tree limb laying in the yard still shaking! I said something like, "Holy crap!" and Harrison said, "I know!" He was in the living room and also heard it. Kayleigh said it made her CD that she was listening to skip! And where is Erik when tree limbs are practically falling on our heads??? Still at the stupid redneck fishing tournament! I sent him a picture text, but apparently he is too busy to call me. His heat was at 9am, so I know they are done. Men! It was a good thing we mowed the yard earlier in the week, because I could have been out there on the lawnmower today! I went out and looked at the thing in the yard and it is totally rotten. It's from the huge tree we have in the middle of the front yard. I think we should maybe have gotten rid of it when we were clearing the land, but it's such a big old tree, we wanted to preserve it. Well, now it's just rotten! That's my excitement so far today. I don't think I can handle any more! Hee hee...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Stupid redneck fishing tournament!! So funny.

That sucks about your tree. Good thing none of you were out there. That could have hurt. Are you gonna get rid of the tree now? I hate losing big trees, they provide so much shade.

BTW: Erik looks all snazzy in his outfit in the other pic LOL :)

Paula said...

The tree is too big to do anything about. We will leave it. If it does fall, it won't fall towards the house, and there aren't any branches long enough to reach the house. I'm about to post all about the fishing tournament.