Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day update!

The kids had a half day. At around 11:30 the phone rang at my office and it was Kayleigh asking if I could come pick her up. Well.... she was supposed to be on the bus with Harrison on the way home. For those who don't realize how far from town my house is, it's a 20 min drive each way. Kayleigh missed the bus! I had to bring her home so that poor Harrison would not be home alone all afternoon. I was not happy. It took my entire lunch to drive her home... not to mention the gas! I got here about 3 minutes before the bus. Harrison got off the bus and asked where Kayleigh was. I told him she missed the bus and I had to bring her home. He chuckled. Otherwise, Harrison is happy with his teacher. He has several friends in his class. Of course he forgot the folder he was supposed to bring home today. Kids! Kayleigh said that she likes all of her teachers. She didn't have any problems being a freshman on the first day of school, so that's good. She said her locker jammed right before school let out, but I wonder if that was an excuse for missing the bus. She said that they didn't dismiss the bus kids first like they do at the elementary and Jr High. I told her she's in High school now, they treat you like an adult. When the final bell rings, you just leave! Then she said she wasn't sure what door to go out to get to the busses. Poor kid. She also told me that some girl in her grade is pregnant. She couldn't believe it! I'm sure we will have more stories as the week progresses..... check in for more!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a day.

I cannot believe a ninth-grader is pregnant. Makes me nauseous.

Paula said...

I know, but on a good note, Kayleigh says she now has a reason to NEVER have sex. LOL.