I haven't been in the mood to blog. Too busy and a bit touchy the last week. Kayleigh started Marching band camp last Monday. Keep in mind that she signed up for band but wasn't sure she wanted to do it because of the marching. Well, she tried to have me get her out of it by talking to her band instructor and he told me he really wished she would stick it out because she does a good job. So I went home and told her that she really needed to try it for the duration of band camp and if she didn't like it, then we would talk more about getting her out. Last week was the hottest week this entire summer... besides this Monday! Of course, the kids had to practice marching two hours every night from 6-8. It's not that much cooler then. The first night she got in the van and said, "Mom, I'm NOT feeling band!" The second night Harrison and I went to a visitation for a family friend while she was in band. There was a really nasty thunderstorm, so they practiced in the hallway at the high school and she said she HATED band. The third night she was kind of wishy washy. They actually marched around the school. Thursday night she said she "kinda" liked it. Friday was the hottest day of all and I thought for sure we would lose ground, but she said she liked band and she was glad she was in it, but she was nervous about the parade on Saturday. Yep... parade. On the hottest weekend of the year! Saturday morning I dropped her off at the bus at 7:30am. They didn't get home until 3:30. She was very redfaced. But she said that they had a good time. I watched the part of the parade on the TV station website and they sounded good. This Monday... THE HOTTEST DAY WE HAVE HAD ALL SUMMER.... they went to a water park in Springfield. She had a blast. So now she said she is glad that I told her she needed to try it for this week. :o) See... if she had trusted me to begin with all of this whining could have been avoided! I told her to think of all the things she really didn't like at first when she tried them that she would miss if she hadn't done them again.
Well, I am off to work. Harrison is working for Aunt Michelle and Uncle Jimmy this week taking care of the animals while they are on vacation. He is loving that she has kittens to pet. :o)
Have a great day!
Well, I am off to work. Harrison is working for Aunt Michelle and Uncle Jimmy this week taking care of the animals while they are on vacation. He is loving that she has kittens to pet. :o)
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment