Well, Friday we woke up to about 6 inches of snow. School was cancelled, and I didn't go to work. They never plow my road until much later in the day. Saturday was a little warmer, but still snow on the ground. Sunday was really weird. The forecast called for rain in the afternoon and overnight, and for several days after. We had freezing fog in the morning, which makes the trees all pretty and then if kinda blows off and looks like it's snowing. Then it kinda started to flurry. Then it started to do something that looked like a mix of sleet, snow and hail. I've never seen it do that before. Little hard balls that aren't quite wet enough to be sleet, but too hard packed to be snow. Then the thunder started... it "poured" what looked like rain, but was actually that stuff for a while. There was a good inch of it by the time it changed to sleet and then at some point durning last night it started raining. IT's really foggy this morning. Should be a treat driving to work. The kids are out of school today anyways, so they are happy to have a long weekend. Yesterday, the kids and I were sitting in the living room watching TV when thunder boomed and there was a loud CRACK! that scared the crap out of us. Knocked the phones out. We thought for a minute the satellite was a goner, but it rebooted and came back on line. But later on when I went to dry Erik's uniform, I realized that the control panel on my dryer is not working. I think it got hit too. Erik is giving me the old "told ya so" story about buying that electronic front loading dryer. "We had that other dryer for years and never had that problem..." blah blah... Of course our insurance would cover it, but if you carry a $500 deductible, I doubt it's going to cost that much to fix it! So I hope this Monday starts out better than the weekend! Happy Monday everyone!
2 comments:
Like the saying goes, you are where you live. In your case, that would mean you are weird. (in case you didn't get the joke) Well I hope your week is better than the weekend.
Ha ha! You are toooo funny!
Post a Comment